SUPPLIER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I. DEFINED TERMS:
The term “event” means European Meetings & Events Conference Hosted Buyer 2015 “Hosted Buyer”, currently scheduled to be held on 1-3 February 2015 (hereinafter “Event Dates”) at the ICE Krakow Congress Centre, Krakow, Poland (hereinafter “Convention Facility”). The Event is owned, produced and managed by Meeting Professionals International. As used hereinafter, the term “Organizer” means, collectively, Meeting Professionals International, and each of its officers, directors, shareholders, agents, affiliates, representatives, employees, and assigns, unless the context requires otherwise. The term “Hosted Buyer ” means collectively, (i) the company or person that applied for Hosted Buyer appointments package and agreed to enter into this contract upon acceptance by Meeting Professionals International in the manner stated below and (ii) each of its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, contracts, agents, representatives and/or invitees, as applicable.
II. PAYMENT SCHEDULE:
- Payments of fees are required as follows:
100% of the total fee (€3,000) is due with submission of the Hosted Buyer’s signing of this Contract.
- Only the company name listed on this Contract is considered an official Hosted Buyer. All Hosted Buyer’s must make payments in accordance with the schedule outlined above. Under no circumstances will the Hosted Buyer be permitted to participate in Hosted Buyer 2015 if full payment has not been received. Payments submitted in accordance with this Contract may be applied, first, to any outstanding balances from previous Organizer shows and/or events. Contracts may not be accepted to any Hosted Buyer whose prior Organizer financial obligations have not been met. Any and all payments marked as being payment in full or as being settlement of any dispute may be accepted by Organizer without Organizer forfeiting its rights under this agreement and/or the law.
- If the Hosted Buyer fails to pay any of the installments as outlined in Section II (above), Organizer shall receive the following rights:
- Organizer reserves the right to cancel the Hosted Buyer’s participation in program.
- Any fees paid shall be retained Organizer as liquidated damages.
- Any outstanding payments as outlined in Section II, A.1. are due and payable in consideration for Organizer having provided services to the Hosted Buyer until the date the Hosted Buyer is canceled per III, A.1. above.
- The canceled Hosted Buyer may reapply for Hosted Buyer 2016 participation on a first-come, first-served basis. Monies previously paid on account may be applied to the Hosted Buyer’s new fee if a new contract is accepted. However, if the new fee is less than the original fee, the Hosted Buyer will be held liable for a downsizing fee according to the schedule outlined in Section V below.
IV. HOSTED BUYER CANCELLATION:
- All Hosted Buyer participation cancellations must be received by Organizer in writing (return receipt requested) and acknowledged by Organizer.
- If written notice of participation cancellation is received by Organizer before 6 November 2014, the Hosted Buyer shall pay a $150 processing fee. If written notice of participation cancellation is received by Organizer before 18 December 2014, the Hosted Buyer shall pay a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the total fee. If written notice of participation cancellation is received by Organizer on or after 18 December 2014, the Hosted Buyer shall pay a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the total fee. Hosted Buyer s contracting on or after 18 December 2014, are responsible for the full (100%) fee, even if the event of cancellation any time thereafter. Any deposits made by the Hosted Buyer may be used to fully or partially reduce the cancellation fees described above.
V. LIQUIDATED DAMAGES:
Both the Hosted Buyer and the Organizer acknowledge that Organizer will sustain substantial losses if the Hosted Buyer cancels, or defaults its participation. Even though Organizer will exercise its best efforts to provide the canceled, defaulted, or unused space and its service to others. Organizer and the Hosted Buyer agree that Organizer will nevertheless incur substantial losses that cannot be previously determined. Due to the difficulty of determining and detailing said losses, the Hosted Buyer agrees to pay the following as liquidated damages (and not as a penalty) if the Hosted Buyer cancels, downsizes, or defaults its participation. All cancellation/downsizing/default fee(s) and the retention of Hosted Buyer payments pursuant to this Contract are acknowledgement by the Hosted Buyer to be fully earned and to constitute liquidated damages (and not a penalty) due in consideration for expenses incurred by ORGANIZER and in consideration for Organizer having reserved space and provided services to the Hosted Buyer until the date of cancellation, downsizing, or default, thereby losing or deferring the opportunity to provide exhibit space and its service to others.
VI. INTEREST AND COLLECTIONS FEES:
- Any Hosted Buyer that does not meet all financial obligations when due will be responsible for all outstanding debts, interest at one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month, and any fees (including attorney’s fees and/or collection fees of not less than 25% of the remaining balance due). Organizer incurs to recover the debt.
- There will be a $25 charge for all returned checks.
- If the above interest amount, attorney’s fees and/or collection fees, and returned check fees exceed the limits allowed by applicable laws, then the maximum interest and such fees allowed by such laws shall be paid to Organizer by the Hosted Buyer.
VII. SPACE ASSIGNMENT AND PLANNERS:
- Although Organizer will attempt to accommodate Hosted Buyer requests for specific table(s), no guarantees can be made that the Hosted Buyer will be assigned the table(s) requested. Hosted Buyer acknowledges that he/she is not contracting for a specific table(s), but rather for the right to participate as in Hosted Buyer 2015.
- Organizer makes no representations or warranties with respect to the demographic nature and/or number of Hosted Buyer s and/or planners.
This Contract is irrevocable, and the rights of Organizer under this Contract shall not be deemed waived except as specifically stated in writing by an authorized representative of Organizer. The Hosted Buyer further agrees that upon acceptance of this agreement by Organizer with or without appropriate or timely payment of any and all fees, this agreement shall become binding and enforceable in accordance with its terms. This Contract will be binding on the Hosted Buyer’s and Organizer successors. If any term, clause or provision hereof is held invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the validity or operation of any other term, clause or provision and the invalid term, clause or provision shall be deemed to be severed from the Agreement. Any action arising out of this Contract or Hosted Buyer 2014 must be brought in Dallas County, State of Texas, and governed by the law of that locale, exclusive of the choice of law rules of any jurisdiction, and the Hosted Buyer consents to the jurisdiction of such courts.
IX: NO REFUND POLICY:
MPI reserves the right not to refund a supplier should a planner fail to show for appointments during the event. If there is failure by a planner to not show up for an appointment, the supplier must notify MPI staff on-site the day of the event and MPI will contact the planner directly to have the planners contact the supplier directly to make other arrangements to meet on personal time. If a supplier does not notify MPI at the time of the missed appointment during the event, MPI reserves the right to not fulfill planner obligation.